What are some cute outfits to wear to the movies
Part 1 Choosing Cute Clothes
- some alt="Image titled Make Cute Outfits Step 01">
Know that "cute" has many definitions. Different people have different ideas of what is cute. Most, however, seem to associate cute with youthfulness and innocence. Depending on the colors, patterns, and even embellishments, the same shirt can look cute, chic, or even sexy. This section will give what are some cute outfits to wear to the movies you a few tips and ideas on how to find cute pieces for your outfit.
2Start with the basic pieces. Jeans are a must in any closet, as they tend to go well with just about anything. However, there are other pieces you add to your cute outfit. Here are some basic ideas to get you started:
- Skirts and dresses that are flirty and girly. They are not too short and not too tight. Most are going to be mid-thigh of longer.
- Blouses and shirts are modest. Great options are loose, flowing blouses, button-up shirts, scoop-neck fitted tees, and even printed or graphic tees.
- Boot-cut and skinny jeans aren't the only pants that can be cute. Shorts (especially with lace insets), baggy boyfriend jeans, and culottes can also be quite cute.
3Consider the colors. Some people associate certain colors with "cute" more so than other colors. Light colors, such as pinks, light blues, and whites are youthful and feminine. Clothes with these colors are often quite cute. You can branch out to other colors too. For example:
- Neutrals, such as browns and creams are great for the fall and winter months.
- A flash of a bright color, such as red, can also be cute, but try to stay away from too many dark colors. These can look more mature, sexy, or chic than cute.
Keep patterns in mind. Almost any pattern works here, but you might want to focus on delicate patterns and prints, such as florals, roses, and other flowers. These can soften up pieces that might be otherwise considered sexy or chic. Patterns are also great for adding texture and variety to your outfit.
5Consider other textures too. Instead of just focusing on denim pants, jersey fitted tees, and cotton blouses, try adding some other textures to your wardrobe as well. They can help the final outfit look all the more cute. Here are some ideas:
- Knits, especially chunky knits, can help make a winter outfit look cozier. Think cardigans and over-sized sweaters.
- Flannel will usually come in the form of a plaid, button-up shirt. They are great for layering.
- Leather and fake leather can add a touch of smoothness to any outfit.
- Pieces with chiffon or lace overlays are a great way of adding texture to any outfit.
Consider some girlish embellishments. Much like floral patterns, some white eyelet lace or ribbon can also soften any clothing piece and make it look more cute. Jewelry can also make any plain outfit into an outfit that pops.
7Keep the cut and shape in mind. Modesty is often associated with cuteness, so you might want to consider softer shapes rather than pointier ones. Here are some examples:
- Consider a softer neckline, such as a scoop or sweetheart instead of a sharp point.
- When choosing skirts, consider a flirty, loose-fitting skirt that goes past your mid-thigh over a short or tight fitting skirt. The later would be considered more sexy or chic.
- Loose fitting blouses, oversized sweaters, and full-circle skirts can all look super cute.
8Go vintage. Full-circle skirts from the 1950s can look not only cute, but also flirty and chic. They are also super fun to twirl in. Hippie shirts and boho blouses from the 1970s can also be very cute when paired with the right accessories.
- You can find lots of cute vintage pieces in vintage clothing shops, consignment shops, online, or even secondhand clothing shops.
9Keep your shoes in mind. Most people might associate "cute" with "feminine," so you might want to consider this when picking out your shoes. This does not mean that you have to wear pink heels, however. There are many other shoes that can also count as "cute." Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Ballet flats and moccasins are great because they can work with almost any outfit.
- Shoes with embellishments, such as lace and bows, are always a great start.
- Wedges are perfect for the summertime, especially if they come with long, ballerina-style laces.
- Heeled, chunky boots are a mixture of the feminine and the outdoors. They can be quite cute, especially if paired with skinny jeans.
- If you like to wear canvas sneakers or clunky boots, consider getting a pair that has a colorful lining on the inside. You can also switch out the shoelaces for something more colorful or patterned.
Part 2 Choosing Cute Accessories
Know that the right accessory can turn almost any outfit cute. A simple pair of jeans and a white blouse can look casual and plain, but the right accessory can complete the outfit and make it look super cute. This section will give you a few tips and ideas for accessories and jewelry.
2Choose some jewelry that compliments your outfit. Find something that looks girlish and flirty. You can also use jewelry to show off your personality and interests. For example:
- If you like to keep things simple, choose a silver chain with a pink heart-shaped pendent. This will compliment a V-neck shirt. You could also go for some simple post or dangle earrings.
- If you like to make a statement, don't shy away from chunky bracelets, large earrings, or a flashy statement necklace. Make your jewelry the focal point of your outfit, and keep the rest simple.
- Take advantage of trinkets you got while traveling, especially if you cannot get any in your hometown. Your friends will see it as both unique and cute.
3Wear a hat or scarf. Even if the rest of your outfit is plain, a cute-looking hat or scarf can make the rest of it look cute. You can wear hats and scarves year round. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Newsboy hats can look both chic and cute. They are usually made out of fabric, so you can easily add a brooch or pin onto the band.
- Barrettes and slouching beanies are great for the cooler months.
- A wide brimmed felt hat can look both chic and cute in the summer, especially if paired with over-sized sunglasses and red lipstick.
- Big, chunky scarves are perfect for the winter. Fabric scarves and shawls are great for the spring and fall, when the weather is chilly but not yet freezing.
Skip the handbag and go for a small clutch instead. They are large enough to hold your phone, wallet, key's and lip gloss. At the same time, they are small enough not to take away from the rest of your outfit. Consider picking up a clutch with a pattern on it, or a simple embellishment, such as a bow.
5Add something into your hair. Even if the rest of your outfit looks plain, a flower tucked into your braid can make it look super cute. If you don't like to wear flowers, you can also try a rhinestone or leather hair clip instead.
- If it is the summertime, consider tucking a silk hibiscus flower into your hair.
- You can also make your own clips by buying some blank hair clips from an arts and crafts store, and hot gluing buttons, tiny bows, or silk flowers to the top.
Try to limit yourself to two to three accessories. Most outfits will benefit from some jewelry or a scarf or hat, but too many accessories will make your outfit look too busy and cluttered.
Make sure that your accessories don't clash. If you are wearing two large accessories together, such as a hat and scarf, pay attention to the colors and patterns so that they don't clash with each other.
8Add a splash of color to your outfit with an accessory. If you have an outfit composed of neutral colors, such as whites, blacks, or navies, you can add a burst of color with an accessory. Here are some ideas:
- If you are wearing white pants and a white-and-navy striped shirt, add a splash of color with a pair of red chic sunglasses and a red belt.
- You can also match your accessories with your outfit. For example, if you are wearing a purple shirt with white flowers on it, choose a white scarf.
Part 3 Putting Together a Cute Outfit
Take time to put your outfit together. Part of what makes a cute outfit a cute outfit is the time, effort, and thoughtfulness that was put into it. This section will give you a few tips on how to put together an outfit that not only looks fashionable, but also cute.
2Pick one piece to be the center of your outfit. This will be the main attraction for your outfit. This means that the rest of your outfit should be kept toned down so that it doesn't take the spotlight away. For example:
- If you have a pair over over-sized sunglasses, consider pairing them with a simple white blouse, a midi skirt, and red lipstick. Keep your hair loose.
- If you got a new pair of shoes that you just love, pair them with a simple dress, then wear a belt or scarf that matches those shoes.
- Draw attention to colorful patterned scarf by pairing it with plain jeans and a solid-colored shirt.
- If you get stuck, you can always close your eyes, reach into your closet, and pull something out. Base the rest of your outfit around that item. This can be a great way to get out of a creativity block when you don't know what to wear for the day.
3Make your outfit more interesting with layers. Ideally, you'd want two to three layers on the top. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Wear a lacey tank top under a low-cut shirt. The lace will peep out from under the neckline and hemline of your shirt.
- Cinch a peasant blouse with a wide belt around your waist.
- Pair a simple shirt with a long sweater cardigan. Cinch the sweater around your waist with a wide belt.
4Don't be afraid to use contrasting colors. Matching colors, such as a white or pink blouse to a pair of light blue jeans, is always safe, but adding a pop of color can also make your outfit more interesting. For example:
- If you have a vintage 1950s dress in navy blue with white trim, consider wearing a wide, red belt around your waist. The pop of color will tie your outfit together.
- If your outfit is mostly one color, such as light blue or white, try adding a brown scarf or belt. The extra color will make your outfit look more interesting.
5Pair solids and patterns together with care. Solid-colored pieces go well with patterned pieces, especially if they share a similar color. For example, many patterned pieces have a background color. You should take this background color into consideration when putting your outfit together. Here are some examples:
- If you have a skirt with pink flowers on a blue background with some white detailing, choose a white shirt to bring out the white details.
- If you have a white-and-navy stripped shirt, consider pairing it with a pair of dark-blue jeans or white jeans. You can add a bit of color with accessories, such as a pair of red sunglasses or a red bracelet.
- Avoid wearing two or more different patterns together. Too many patterns will make your outfit look too busy and detract from its cuteness.
6Use mismatching styles with care. Some contrasting outfits and accessories go well together, such as jeans, basic shirts, lace, and pearls. On the other hand, some contrasting outfits and accessories do not go well together, such as sneakers and a classy black dress with elegant jewelry. Here are some other pairings to avoid:
- If your whole outfit is carefully selected to look classy, and then you put on tennis shoes, the shoes will stand out and people will notice them rather than your cute outfit.
- If most of your outfit is punk or grunge, a collard shirt will stick out strangely.
7Wear old clothes in new ways. You can make new outfits by wearing some old pieces in your closet in new ways. Here are some ideas:
- A colorful, patterned, light-weight scarf can be tied around the waist of a plain dress to add some spice.
- Move things like belts up and down - anywhere from you waist to just under your chest is a good place for a belt. Try combos that you’ve never thought would work and see if you can add other pieces that draw them together.
Part 4 Making Outfits for Specific Places and Times
1Dress for the season. Some colors and prints look better depending on what time of the year it is. For example, bright, tropical prints look better in the summertime when the sun is bright. Dark, neutral colors look better in the wintertime because they give off an air of coziness. Here are some outfit ideas to get you started:
- In the springtime, consider wearing more florals and pastels. For example, you could pair a pastel, floral-print blouse with a pink ruffled skirt. Add some girlish flats, a little clutch, and you are good to go.
- In the summertime, you can get away with more whites, bright colors, and bold patterns. Now's the time to bring out those linen maxi gowns, wide-brimmed hats, statement jewelry, and over-sized glasses. Wedges and heeled sandals are prefect for those warm, sunny days.
- Start wearing more neutral colors in the fall. Depending on how cold it is, you can also start wearing some knits and flannels. For example, on a chilly day, you could pair a long, chunky sweater with a pair of solid-colored leggings and some ridding boots.
- Wear darker colors in the winter, and less white. If you like to wear light colors, consider wearing something ivory or cream. Trench coats and heeled boots are always great, fashionable options for the winter.
2Tone things down for daytime or casual wear. In general, you want to keep your outfit simple. This does not mean that you should skip out on all the accessories, however. The fabrics and colors you choose can make a huge difference in how dressy or casual your outfit looks. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Keep your makeup simple in the daytime. Use light or neutral colors, such as pastels or earth tones.
- Keep the fabrics simple. Leave the sequins, glitter, and silk for the evening, and focus on jersey, knits, flannels, cotton, linen, denim, and so forth.
- Wear lighter colors when in doubt. If you can't decide between two dresses, go for the lighter one; it will look more casual than the black or bright red one.
- Don't pile on too much jewelry—unless you are going for a boho look. When you do wear jewelry, leave your expensive, ornate pieces at home. They will look too dressy with a casual outfit.
3Glam it up for the evening. Fancier clothes are great for evening events. This is the time when you want to pull out all the stops. Some good ideas to use for evening outfits:
- Dresses or skirts are easy to dress up with some flashy jewelry and heeled shoes.
- Heavier makeup looks great in the lower light of evening and night.
- Darker colors such as navy, black, and dark red look more formal than light colors.
- Sequins or satiny fabric are good choices for evening outings.
4Pick out a cute outfit for school. There are a ton of different styles that are appropriate for school. Choose something that flatters you, but that you also feel comfortable in. You will be spending most of the day in this outfit, after all. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Heels and wedges can get painful to walk in after a while. They can also make running to class more difficult. Consider wearing shorter heels or flat-bottomed shoes, such as ballet flats, canvas sneakers, or boots.
- Wear layers. Some classrooms get chilly while others get hot. Consider wearing a cardigan or flannel blouse over your shirt that you can easily take on/off.
- Tone down the accessories. They can get in the way while you are taking notes or carrying your backpack around. If you do choose to wear jewelry, make sure that it does not get in the way. A statement necklace can work well, but make sure that it won't get tangled with your backpack strap.
- Consider styling your hair instead of leaving it down. Braids, ponytails, and updos will keep it out of the way while you study.
- Consider getting a shoulder bag instead of a backpack. They are often large enough to keep a few books in, and can look a like cuter than an ordinary backpack.
5Wear an appropriate, but cute, outfit to work. Work isn't the place to make a fashion statement, but that does not mean that you can't wear a cute outfit. Depending on where you work, there may be some dress codes or expectations. Business casual is appropriate for most places of work. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Keep your shirts modest. Fitted tees are fine, so long as they don't show too much cleavage or expose your midriff. Blouses and button-up shirts are great for work.
- Leave the tight pants, skinny jeans, and shorter skirts at home. Consider some dress pants or boot-cut jeans instead.
- Wear muted colors and less patterns. Bright colors and flashy patterns might look too casual for work.
Part 5 Doing Your Makeup and Hair
Know that the right makeup and hair style can also make or break a cute outfit. Because cute outfits are also well-put-together, you might want to consider giving your hair and makeup some extra attention in the morning when you get ready. You do not have to dress yourself up completely. A few extra touches here and there can go a long way. This section will give you a few tips on what you can do. You don't have to use all of them; choose a one or two that appear to you the most.
2Consider using lighter, more neutral colors for your makeup. This will give your face a softer look. Darker colors tend to look more mature, especially during the daytime. Here are some ideas to get your started:
- For softer colors, consider pinks, light blues, soft greens, and light purples.
- For neutral colors, consider creams, ivory, and browns.
3Match your makeup with your outfit. There are different styles of makeup, ranging from cute to classy to glamorous. There are also different styles of outfits. When putting on your makeup, make sure that it does not clash with your outfit. Here are some examples:
- If you are wearing a simple outfit consisting of jeans and a t-shirt, wear simple makeup in neutral colors.
- If you are wearing light, flowing, and pastel-colored clothes, then go for simple, light-colored makeup.
- Classic styles generally go well with some basic, natural-looking makeup.
4Know when to wear makeup and how much. Too much makeup can look out of place on some occasions—it can also detract from your outfit. At the same time, a little extra makeup can amp up the classiness of your outfit. Here are some examples:
- During the day time, wear less makeup. Chose neutral colors or soft colors.
- During the evening, wear more makeup. You can also use brighter or darker colors.
5Remember your hair. Most hairstyles will go with most outfits, but different hairstyles add different flavors to what you’re wearing. You can always leave your hair down and parted off to one side. You can also braid it and add a cute flower clip to the base or end of the braid.
- If your outfit has a specific fashion that it is based on, pairing it with a hair-style that goes with other styles can add an interesting twist.
- Elaborate hairdos, such as braided crowns, are a fun way to make a simple outfit more interesting.
6Consider wearing some nail polish. You can use a nail polish color that matches your outfit, or that contrasts it. You can also add a splash of color to a neutral-colored outfit with brightly-colored nail polish. Here are some ideas:
- If you are wearing a mostly-white outfit, pair it with some bright red nail polish.
- If you are wearing lots of neutral, earth-tones, then put on some natural-looking nail polish, such as beige or pink. You can also wear a French manicure.
- You can also add some nail art as well, such as a tiny rhinestone or a delicate flower.
How can I look as good as the popular people?
Keep up with the trends, get a nice haircut, wear stunning makeup, and you'll get there. Don't be afraid to talk to the popular people. If you like a girl's makeup, for example, compliment her and ask her what brand she uses.Thanks!
Not Helpful 1 Helpful 4
What if I can't wear any makeup?
You don't need makeup! If your hair and clothing are cute, you probably look great.Thanks!
Not Helpful 0 Helpful 1
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Look around you for ideas if you’re stuck. In addition to the people you see around you, try looking on the internet or in media such as TV or movies for ideas.
- Try to experiment on weekends, or when you have nothing to do, so if it works you can use it.
- Remember, fashion isn't about doing what everyone else is doing, it's about self expression. Don't wear something that you don't feel comfortable in. You want to still feel like yourself.
- Be mindful of other people. Some garments, such as graphic tees with racist or sexist comments, could be offensive and hurtful to someone else.
- Pick basic pieces that go with everything when you are out clothes shopping, such as boot-cut or skinny jeans, a little black dress, and some solid-colored fitted tees.
- Fashion trends come and go. What may be the fad one year may be forgotten the next. When you are out shopping, getting a few pieces that are currently trendy is a good idea, but you may also want to consider buying some pieces that are classic and will always be in fashion, such as jeans and fitted tees.
- The Japanese lolita and decora fashions can be great sources of inspiration.
- Visit malls, boutiques, and shopping centers are great places to pick up a few statement pieces. The display mannequins are also great for getting ideas.
- Consider shopping for clothes in secondhand, consignment, or vintage shops. They are a great way to pick up some unique and designer pieces.
- Don't be afraid to borrow or trade clothes with your friends. This is a great way to test out new styles before going out and buying a whole need wardrobe.
- Showing some skin is not a bad thing, if that is what makes you feel comfortable, but keep in mind that showing too much skin may get you some unwanted attention.
- Don't wear something that you are not comfortable wearing.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
Cute Thanksgiving Outfits 2016 - What To Wear To Thanksgiving Black dresses for women with sleeves pictures
Now at Rs. 116,200/.