Animal halloween costumes for teenage girls 2017
Halloween isn’t until the end of October, but the fun and excitement of costume selection can begin right now (and we think that’s the best part of Halloween, anyway!). The most popular Halloween costumes for teenage girls can sell out quickly, so it’s wise to start planning and shopping as soon as possible. Having a tough time deciding what to wear? Let’s have a look at some of this year’s hottest options. Check out this list:
- Vampire (think Twilight or True Blood, not Bela Lugosi!)
- The Black Swan (inspired by the chilling film of the same name)
- Harem Girl
- 1940’s-era pinup model
- Cracked, tattered china doll
- Harry Potter characters (Hermione, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Ginny Weasley, Professor McGonagall)
It’s great fun to coordinate with a few friends and costume yourselves as a group. This year, many groups of teens will go to their Halloween parties dressed as the lovely ladies of the Twilight saga; other excellent group costume ideas are Charlie’s Angels, covens of witches (don’t forget the cauldron!) and groups of animals. Groups that want to coordinate their costumes but retain some individuality should consider dressing as a mixed group of female superheroes; it’s even okay if they’re all from different franchises. Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman and Silk Spectre all prowling the neighborhood together? Why not? Don’t want to look like a dozen other girls in the neighborhood? Here are some ideas to really make your costume stand out.
- Character makeup is important! The most eye-popping costume in the world will fall flat if the hair and makeup are neglected. Costumes inspired by film and television are especially dependent on special makeup. It’s a wise idea to do several “trial runs” before the big night!
- Halloween revelers can keep their hair and makeup looking vibrant and fresh all night by spraying a mixture of water and glycerine over everything. A gentle mist will prevent the cosmetics from fading and sliding around.
- Adding a few extra fabric layers really helps make skimpy or diaphanous costumes more comfortable in chilly weather. Skin-toned tights or leggings add an teenage invisible extra layer of warmth, and cheap, disposable heating pouches (available at your costume store) are great for keeping feet warm.
- In an area that’s prone to frigid, severe weather, it’s wise to pick a costume that comes with a cape, hat, gloves, coat, or other pieces that will provide warmth without breaking character. Harry Potter character costumes are fabulous for this! Other great cold weather choices are nuns, thickly-robed Jedi knights and full-body animal costumes such as bears and lions.
- For a truly unique costume, some Halloween fanatics even get their pets in on the action. A classic costume choice for pet lovers is Dorothy Gale from the Wizard of Oz – and what’s Dorothy without her trusty dog, Toto? Don’t have a teeny little Scottie of your own? It’s okay if your “Toto” is a basset hound or an English bulldog – or even a cat! Rules were made to be broken.
+Nancy Goebel blogs about lifestyle topics, including how to prepare for all the holidays we face throughout the year. With the upcoming Halloween season, she’s currently giving advice on how to celebrate, including how to find great Halloween costumes for teenage girls.
Posted by: News Editor On: August 17, 2012 In: Lifestyle | comments : 0
Girls Costumes - 2017's Best Girls Costumes for Halloween and Other Curly hair to straight for taylor swift pictures
Vogue Daily Fashion Catwalk Beauty Arts lifestyle Video More.